Terms and Conditions
Read our Terms & Conditions carefully before submitting your trade-in order on TradeInForCash.co.uk. Customers agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Pricing and Usage
1. You are the legal owner or have permission of the owner to sell the items through TradeInForCash. Please ensure that you are happy to send your items to us and that it is within your rights to do so.
2. You are at least 18 years old; or if you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent to sell your items to us for the value you are offered through the website at the time of use. You are resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland, You are accessing our site from that country.
3. Our site is intended for use by people in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. We may accept or reject orders from people outside of these territories.
4. Payments are made based on the value offered at the time of transaction only and is subject to Games, Consoles, Controllers and other items. If the items received meet our requirements and we accept your trade in order. We determine the condition of your items once we receive them, It’s important to stick to the guidelines given on the website when grading your product as incorrect entries will affect the payment price given as part of this contract.
5. Prices offered on our website are subject to change at any time without notice.
6. All trade-in offers will be held for a period of 10 calendar days. Packages which are received after 10 days from the creation date may be cancelled. When your order has been placed, the prices quoted are guaranteed for 10 days from the 'Order Approved' date. (This is the date on which you confirm your trade-in order.) If your item(s) are received after 10 days from the 'Order Approved' date, the up-dated, current prices will apply. If a item fails to meet our terms and conditions we'll propose an adjusted price by email. If you choose to decline our new offer, we are happy to return the item. A delivery/handling charge will be applicable and will be payable prior to the gadget being returned. We have the final decision on all gadget values.
7. Games, Consoles and other items sent to us must work perfectly, TradeInForCash.co.uk do not buy faulty items. All Consoles, Controllers, Accessories and Games are checked by our quality control team. If your item and does not pass our pricing criteria.
a. The disk in the case does not match the cover and / or sleeve notes.
b. The disks are irretrievably damaged and cannot be refurbished e.g. the disk is cracked or very badly scratched.
c. We suspect the product is ‘non original’ in any way. Please note, this matter is taken very seriously and TradeInForCash.co.uk reserves the right to take further action as appropriate regarding ‘non original’ items.
d. All Games and Consoles must be in format UK PAL or PAL video games and Region 2 PS3 games. We do not accept US or Asian format games.
We will offer you:
a. Return postal service - charged from £10
b. Recycling your item free of charge
c. We may offer a re-valuation of your item, which you will receive via your registered e-mail address and will need to be accepted or rejected by return of that e-mail.
8. Where items are rejected for any of the above reasons the TradeInForCash.co.uk decision is final. Users will be kept informed via email updates. We check ALL received items to ensure that the items that are sent to us are not reported stolen, for this reason we will not accept any gadget where the serial number is damaged, removed or not readable. We do this prior to confirming purchase. However, in the event that we become aware of any issues at any time, we reserve the right to withhold/cancel payment and you agree to co-operate with us and any authorities should we so request.
9. Items that fail our quality control or that have not been included in the original trade cannot be returned under any circumstances and will be recycled responsibly.
10. All rejected games will be held for a 30 day period. The customer must contact the company within 30 days of being notified their game has been rejected to arrange for its return.
11. Price offers for trade-in items offered on the website will change from time to time. If you trade in games, consoles or other items we will offer the price offer shown at the time and date of trade.
12. Property in the items sent for trade-in will pass to TradeInForCash at the time of receipt of the items, after which time TradeInForCash will be able to deal with the items as it wishes.
13. TradeInForCash is for members of the general public only and not for businesses who wish to sell multi copies of the same item(s). TradeInForCash will reject transaction which contain multiple items of the same title and reject repeat transactions that contain the same items that have been traded before by a user.
14. When cancelling during the cooling-off period, you need not give us any reason for cancelling the contract, nor will you have to pay any administration charges.
To cancel the contract you must notify us in writing.
Other than if the item does not meet our terms and conditions, this contract cannot be cancelled after you have sent your item(s) to us (outside the "cooling-off period").
15. In the event that we have made an obvious and unmistakeable error as to the cash value of a item, which could reasonably be recognised by you as mispriced, we reserve the right to not agree to buy your item at that price and will not be bound to do so. If we choose not to buy your item, your item will be returned to you.
16. You are not allowed to sell more than two copies of the same item per household or IP address. You can only sell up to two copies of the same item per household and IP address. If we suspect that you are selling more two items through a different account your sell order will be canceled. If you have a bulk amount of a particular item to sell please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Postage, Postal damage and loss
TradeInForCash.co.uk does not take responsibility for damage or loss to items sent to us before receipt at our premises. We recommend that you send any high value items by registered post to ensure successful delivery.
1. TradeInForCash.co.uk recommends that customers use suitable packing to minimise the risk of damage and loss. Additional postage cover is available from Post Office at customer’s expanse.
2. Customers are recommended to obtain proof of postage from your Post Office. If your items are lost by the Royal Mail we will assist you to make a claim for loss but we cannot guarantee that the claim will be successful.
3. Users must send Games, Consoles or other items in as few parcels as possible. To ensure payments are made as quickly as possible. Please do include your unique sale reference number on each package
All payments are made by Cheque or PayPal transaction. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the registered name, address, PayPal email address is entered correctly and accurately. If the user’s bank refuses to pay the cheque due to an error in the user’s name or address, TradeInForCash reserves the right to make an administrative charge in the form of a deduction for the reissue of the cheque.
1. TradeInForCash.co.uk will post a cheque to the customer within 2 working days.
2. PayPal transfers are made after Quality Team approves that items are fully working and complete.
1. Royal Mail parcels can take up to 5 days to arrive at the TradeInForCash office and are checked by our quality team, this can take up to 24 hours.
2. All cheques are sent by Royal Mail 2nd class post and can take up to 5 working days to arrive from the date of posting. Royal Mail allows 15 working days to deliver an item before it is considered as missing in the post.
1. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the provision will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining term, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. If we fail, at any time while these Terms and Conditions are in force, to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, that will not mean that we have we have waived such rights or remedies and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you that will not mean that we will automatically waive any subsequent default by you. No waiver by us of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless we expressly say that it is a waiver and we tell you so in writing.
3. A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
4. We may also provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from third party sellers through our site, or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our website, will be of satisfactory quality and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against that third party seller.
5. All notices given by you to us must be sent to the contact details specified in clause 3.1 of these Terms and Conditions. Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified address of that addressee.
6. These Terms and Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
7. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and we both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
8. The purchase of stolen property is strictly forbidden on www.tradeinforcash.co.uk and breaches UK, Irish and international law. We strongly support law enforcement efforts to recover stolen property and urge the prosecution of those responsible for knowingly attempting to sell such items on www.tradeinforcash.co.uk
To limit the trade of stolen goods we work with a number of specialist companies such as CheckMEND using serial numbers from products to identify if they have been reported as stolen. Any products received that are listed as stolen will be passed to authorities and dealt with appropriately.
Note: please read these terms and conditions carefully before submitting your item(s) to TradeInForCash. You should understand that, by submitting your item(s) to TradeInForCash, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You should print and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.